Monday, March 22, 2010

I Need a Change in the Wind

Gosh! At work this month , I've already loss 12hrs of work due to the learners being sick. I mean, it's unfortunate that they're sick and junk and I was too, at one point this month, but I'm losing my hours! and they're not easy to make-up. =( As much as I enjoy working with these kids, the work schedule is SO inconsistent! I don't have a set schedule; where even when someone is sick, I can still come into work (like at a school setting). Everything is so dependent on the family's health. One of the mom cancelled TWICE because she had a headache. And here I am at home, with no work. As much I like the down time and the breaks in between, I'm not making any money and that really is a problem for me. I want a second job! or maybe even a new job if I'm working more hours, like 35+ hours. Time for a change, really.

On another note, since I've been working here, I feel that the more I work here at the homes, the less I'm enjoying the idea of doing ABA. It gets so lonely and boring sometimes; and it TOUGH work! I almost got my shirt ripped last week! :O They can be aggressive little monsters, sometimes! Haha Here, I have no coworkers to talk to or anyone to interact with. Sure, I have the learner there but half the time they're really not there. Not to sound heartless or selfish, but it's not like I can really have a conversation with them or anything. =/ Working here has made realize that I need to work in a social environment; where I can talk to people and actually have coworkers. I'm a 'people person," always have been. Maybe it really is time for a change...